Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My Dream Emmy Ballot

Best Comedy:
  • My Name Is Earl-Fantastic cast, consistently funny, and original.
  • Scrubs-Probably the best season yet for the medical comedy
  • Arrested Development-While not up to the standards of the first two seasons, it was still hilarious while it lasted.
  • The Office-Went from almost sure cancellation to hit comedy.
  • How I Met Your Mother-I know that this comedy doesn't have a chance for nomination but I personally found it to be the best new comedy. Great cast, great stories, and very funny.
Best Drama:
  • Lost-This show will probably be on this list as long as it lives. It had a slight sophomore slump but it is still the best show on television.
  • Grey's Anatomy-By far, the best show of this season. Last year it was average at best. Now it is my third favorite show and my fruntrunner for best drama.
  • 24-Day five wasn't as action-packed as past days but the show still deserves a nomination.
  • Veronica Mars-This little show that keeps surviving deserves recognition.
  • Prison Break-The best new show of the season. It was probably even more thrilling than 24 this year.
Lead Comedy Actress:
  • Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives)-Bree was the most believable of the housewives this year.
  • Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives)-Even stuck with worse plotlines, Huffman deserves a nomination.
  • Tichina Arnold (Everybody Hates Chris)-She played a very believable mother on the underrated new comedy.
  • Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls)-I don't watch the show but all the critics vouch for her talents so she still makes my list.
Lead Comedy Actor:
  • Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl)-Should be the frontrunner in this category after his spectacular performance as Earl.
  • Zach Braff (Scrubs)-The wacky doctor deserves recognition for his outstanding acting.
  • Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother)-My award for this category would go to the legendary Barney.
  • Steve Carell (The Office)-Although he is over-the-top at times, Carell gets lots of laughs.
  • Tony Shalhoub (Monk)-One of the most consistently funny characters in television history.
Lead Drama Actress:
  • Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars)-She probably won't get nominated but she should.
  • Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy)-A lot of fans don't like Meredith but I think that is a sign of the great acting from Pompeo. Unlike most leads, Meredith is flawed. I like the fact that she makes mistakes.
  • Mary Lynn Rajskub (24)-I'm not sure if she is considered a lead actress, but she deserves to be nominated wherever she fits.
  • Evangeline Lilly (Lost)-She is one of the best actresses on the very deep Lost roster.
  • Mariska Hargitay-(Law & Order: Special Victim's Unit)-Easily the best actress in the Law & Order universe.
Lead Drama Actor:
  • Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who)-I don't know how foreign shows figure in to the Emmy's (or if they are even eligible) but Eccleston was so good as Doctor Who that I had to put him on the list.
  • Kiefer Sutherland (24)-No explanation needed for Sutherland.
  • T.R. Knight (Grey's Anatomy)-TV Guide has him as a supporting actor but I think he fits better as a lead.
  • Wentworth Miller (Prison Break)-The newbie Miller did a great job.
  • Hugh Laurie (House)-Unfortunately, I haven't watched the show but I still know Laurie is a great actor.
My Choices For Winners:
Best Comedy: How I Met Your Mother
Best Drama: Grey's Anatomy
Lead Comedy Actress: Marcia Cross
Lead Comedy Actor: Neil Patrick Harris
Lead Drama Actress: Kristen Bell
Lead Drama Actor: T.R. Knight

I'll have the supporting actor/actress categories tomorrow. Feel free to discuss/insult/praise my picks in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home