Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Keep or Cut?

Which shows on the bubble should the network keep? I weigh in on this pressing topic with both what the station should do and what I want done.

Close to Home-I know this show has done pretty well in the ratings (especially for Friday) but CBS is chock full of crime dramas. This is one of their worst so it has to go. In addition, CBS needs some room for new shows on their schedule.

Verdict-Drop, My Choice-Drop

Scrubs-If NBC treated this show better it wouldn't be on the bubble. This is the kind of high quality comedy any network should be proud to have. The ratings are quite low but NBC needs shows desperately.

Prognosis-Keep (so ABC doesn't steal it), My Choice-Drop (so ABC can pick it up and treat it better)

Commander in Chief-ABC butchered this show by changing producers twice. It wasn't given a chance to gel and mature. The ratings were strong early but have dropped nearly every week and its new Thursday slot has pretty much been a death sentence. Because ABC's development slate is relatively weak, I wouldn't be shocked to see ABC give it another chance but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sentence-Impeached, My Choice-Impeached

Look for more of these articles in the days leading up to the upfront presentations. If you disagree with me or would like to lend support to a show in need, feel free to discuss in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home