Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Six-Pack: The Top Six Shows That Critics Hated But I Loved

Unlike movie critics, I usually agree with what television critics have to say. Sure there have been critical darlings like The New Adventures of Old Christine that I have hated but I almost always concur with the critics. However, here are six shows that I loved but the critics didn't:

1. Committed-This quirky comedy about a mix-matched couple aired last January on NBC. The humor is of the stupid variety but I don't know if I've ever laughed more than I did at this show. Of the shows from last season, this is probably the one I miss the most.

2. Extreme Dodgeball-
Very few people have probably heard of this (other than you gameshow fans) but this wacky show was funny and action packed. Surprisingly, the game was more exciting than any sport but football. The players were lovable and more relatable since many of them were just average people. This show deserved a much bigger audience.

3. Complete Savages-
Maybe it was just that I related to the characters but I loved this show. Unfortunately, the critics hated it and it was cancelled midway through its first season. The acting wasn't that great and the plots were not very original but it was just so darn funny.

4. Murder in Small Town X-This murder mystery reality series is one of my most missed shows. It certainly wasn't for everyone but I would take this over a scripted mystery like CSI any day of the week. The show was very creepy, the actors playing the citizens were great, and the mystery was phenomenal. I've never theorized more about a reality series than this.

5. Surface-
After Threshold was yanked, I thought this was the best new sci-fi show of the season. Critics constantly bashed it for its generic characters and plotlines but I loved it. It certainly was a whole lot better than the snoozefest that was Invasion (which critics loved).

6. Father of the Pride-
This was a huge bust for NBC last season but I actually thought it was pretty good. The plot was a little limited but almost every episode was hilarious.

Which shows would be on your list?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home