Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Best New Characters of the 2005-2006 Season

As the television season has wrapped, I've decided to honor the best of the year. Yesterday, I remembered the most shocking moments of the season. Today's category is best new character. From prison inmates on Prison Break to suit wearing wisecrackers on How I Met Your Mother, it has been a great season for new characters. Here are some of the best:
  • Martha Logan (Jean Smart) on 24. With her husband being the biggest traitor in US history, Martha had a lot of chances to shine and she did.
  • Christopher Henderson (Peter Weller) on 24. Quite possibly the best 24 villain since Nina Meyers. It's a shame he only had a year on the show.
  • Karl (Richard Burgi) on Desperate Housewives. Technically, not new but he had so minor of a role last season that I'm still nominating him. He was one of the few bright spots of this season on Housewives.
  • Julius (Terry Crews) on Everybody Hates Chris. The pennypinching dad is the best character on this great comedy.
  • Addison Shepherd (Kate Walsh) on Grey's Anatomy. She could have easily been a hated character but she made us sympathize with her.
  • Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) on How I Met Your Mother. This should be pretty obvious. He is the star of this superb comedy.
  • Sheriff Tom Underlay (William Fichtner) on Invasion. I may not have been a huge fan of this show but I still recognized the talents of Fichtner.
  • Dave (Tyler Labine) on Invasion. He made this dull show watchable.
  • Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) on Lost. The best "tailie" added to the show.
  • Henry Gale (Michael Emerson) on Lost. This "other" quickly became by second favorite character on the show due to Emerson's great acting.
  • Earl (Jason Lee) on My Name Is Earl. The main character of the top-rated comedy has to be nominated for this.
  • Randy (Ethan Suplee) on My Name Is Earl. I personally find him to be funnier than Earl.
  • Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) on Prison Break. The chicks love him and his acting is very solid.
Make sure to vote for your favorite new character and feel free to nominate any that I may have forgotten. Tonight, I will take a look at the best new shows of the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home