Wednesday, June 21, 2006

America's Got Talent-June 21

NBC's talent show kicked off tonight and here are my opinions on each of the acts:
  • Bobby Badfingers-Terrible dancer but the talent of snapping his fingers to music was pretty good. My Score: 8/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Dave the Horn Guy-I thought his act was pretty original but it looked pretty easy. My Score: 5/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Two Votes)
  • "Blue Velvet"-Eliminated after like two seconds. They couldn't sing. My Score: 1/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • "At Last"-I personally didn't think they sounded that great and there wasn't really anything unique about them. My Score: 6/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Sid the Kid-I didn't think she was that funny but she is just a kid who could have potential. My Score: 4/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Kenny Shelton (juggler)-Juggling isn't very unusual and he even dropped quite a few. My Score: 3/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • "The Shadow Dancers"-That was very weird. I don't get what the talent was. My Score: 0/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Bernie Barker (world's oldest stripper)-I hate David for not x-ing him earlier. He enjoyed it way too much. My Score: 0/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (What the heck are the judges thinking?)
  • Alexis Jordan-She is a great singer but she should have just waited a few years and went on American Idol instead. My Score: 9/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Eddie Haskell (Singing Saw)-That is a lot better talent than the old stripper. He should not have been buzzed so early. My Score: 8/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Kevin Johnson (Ventriliquist)-Now that is a talent. He put a neat twist on an old talent. My Score: 10/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Kathy Kavanaugh (the Singing Harp)-She wasn't as bad as the judges thought. It was quite boring though. Score: 6/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Harry Carey ("Impersonator")-I could do a better Yoda and Shaggy than him. Score: 1/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Vladimir Malachikko (Hand Balancing)-He is definitely talented but not that interesting. Score: 7/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • "Team AcroDunk" (Basketball Aerobatics)-That was definitely unique and the basketball fan in me loved it. Score: 9/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • Jay Myl (Nose Flute)-Not good. His insults were hilarious though. Score: 2/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Betty Victor (Singer)-I could probably sing better than that. Score: 1/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • "The Boofont Sisters" (Singers)-That was frightening but I really wish that idiot British judge would stop hitting other people's buttons. Score: 1/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Ivan Pecel (Juggler)-I would have liked to see more of him. At least he didn't drop ten things like the other juggler. Score: 7/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Barely)
  • Nathan Burton (Microwave of Death)-That was a pretty humorous magic act. Score: 8/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • "Holy Cow" (Dancing Cow)-It was funny for a few seconds. Score: 6/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Michael Speaks (Gospel Singer)-He has a pretty good voice and deserved to move on. Score: 8/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • Vladik (Juggler)-I liked the other juggler a lot more (even though he used more balls). My Score: 6/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • Wild Life Wendy (Bird)-I thought the bird was talented enough to move on. Score: 7/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • J.R. Johns (Dog Trainer)-Good act and a very nice story. Score: 9/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • S (Singing, Comedian Balloon Artist)-He should have just stuck with the balloon animals. He couldn't sing or dance. That Regis balloon creation was incredible though. My Score: 5/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • "Rappin' Granny"-This was the act I was looking forward to and I definitely wasn't disappointed. My Score: 10/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
Closing Comments-I was pretty impressed by this show. I was scared it would just wind up being another American Idol clone but there was quite a variety of performances. I have high hopes for this show and I really hope it did well. I could see this being the next breakout reality hit.

1 Comments:

Blogger balloon-animals said...

hey making balloon animals is difficult. Try it for your slef if you want. I have video instructions on my blog.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home