Monday, June 26, 2006

The Six-Pack: My Six Favorite Episodes of "Buffy"

(SPOILER ALERT) Obviously, this contains spoilers about what happens in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Unless you lived under a rock for several years, you've probably watched every episode but if you haven't, this article may spoil you. Proceed with caution.




From musicals to silent episodes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer has had some of the best individual episodes in the history of television. Here are my six favorite episodes:

1) "Hush"-This was easily the creepiest episode and also one of the more imaginative ones. "Hush" had absolutely no words until the final minutes. Even without any speaking, the episode was humorous and entertaining. It's no wonder almost everybody has this on their list of favorites.

2) "Once More, With Feeling"-Any episode that is this innovative has to be on this list. The songs were very catchy (I listen to the soundtrack at least once a week), there was a lot of humor, and the story didn't suffer with all the singing. Of all the Buffy episodes, this is the one I've watched the most.

3) "Anne"-I have no idea why I love this episode so much but I feel it is one of the more underappreciated episodes. This was the first episode of season three when Buffy is in Los Angeles after running away from home. I liked that the series dealt with a real world issue for once. Otherwise, I can't really tell you why I like this episode so much.

4) "Tabula Rasa"-
This might have been the funniest Buffy episode of all-time. After Willow casts a spell to make the Scoobies forget her mistakes, they lose a whole lot more than their short term memories. Utter chaos ensues as the gang tries to figure out who they are. Who can forget Randy Giles?

5) The Final Three Episodes of Season Three-
Buffy's last few days at Sunnydale High ranged from sad (her being awarded the "Class Protector" award made me cry) to action-packed (the battle against the Mayor was probably the best fight of the series). I can't name just one of the episodes because they were all that good.

6) "Grave"-
With Willow being my favorite character, the murder of Tara and the subsequent arrival of Dark Willow were both heartbreaking and a highlight of the series. The final showdown between Xander and Dark Willow could make anyone cry.

I've made my selections. Now it's your turn to pick your six favorite episodes. Please post your picks in the comments section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home