Wednesday, June 28, 2006

America's Got Talent-June 28

Like last week, I will be analyzing the show performance by performance. Here are my thoughts on this week's contestants:

  • All That (Clogging Group)-I wasn't all that impressed by these boy band wannabees but I can see why the audience liked them. My Score: 5/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • William J. McGolin (Singer)-He really hurt my ears. I wish the judges would have stopped him earlier. It sounded like he was dying during parts of that. My Score: 1/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Leonid the Magnificent (I can't even describe his talent)-He's all show with not much talent. I would have buzzed him much earlier. My Score: 3/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated (Thank goodness)
  • Elliot Zimet (Magician)-He was quite good but I would have liked a little more variation. My Score: 7/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • Corina Brouder (Harpist)-The harp is too boring for a talent show like this. She's relatively talented but just too boring for me. My Score: 5/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Dave Smith (Guitarist w/ Legs Behind Head)-Those two talents were a little bizarre together. He did have a decent voice but I wouldn't move him on. My Score: 6/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On
  • Leonid the Magnificent (Again.....)-A lot more deserving contestants should have moved on over him (like the juggler from last week). His outfit was ridiculous and he dropped the thing he was balancing. He shouldn't have even been considered for the next round. Judge's Verdict: Moved On (I have no idea why)
  • PBM (Rock Band)-I didn't think they were that great (although I'm not a fan of rock music). My Score: 3/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Two Votes)
  • Frank Simon (Balancing)-How the heck did this guy get three buzzes! He might have been the best act yet. That was amazing. This guy doesn't move on yet that weirdo that dropped the thing he balanced did (and it was even smaller). I'm pissed at the judges now. My Score: 10/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Matther Furman (Talentless)-How is that a talent? It is more a striptease than a talent. My Score: 0/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Michlle L'amour (Stripper)-Brandy, how can be offended by her yet not even insult the previous guy? However, she certainly shouldn't have moved on. My Score: 2/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (I have no idea how)
  • Side Swipe (Martial Arts)-The first martial arts act we've seen was quite good although it looked more like gymnastics to me. My Score: 7/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
  • Marlon Reynolds (Singer)-That might have been the fastest buzz yet. My Score: 0/10, Judge's Verdict: Eliminated
  • Bianca Ryan (Singer)-She's only 11 but I didn't think she was that great of a singer. In addition, she's already a greedy and media hungry. I'm sick of these kids getting preferential treatment just due to age. At best, she was average. My Score: 5/10, Judge's Verdict: Moved On (Unanimous)
Closing Comments-This episode the judges really made me mad. The stupid angel moved on yet the Hungarian who lifted ten times as much (and didn't drop anything) didn't. I also didn't like the fates of the stripper and the last singer (she wasn't even that good). It's almost like the judges lost their taste for talent. This is still a great show but the judges are really starting to make me mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home